A bachelor party for the groom is thrown by the best man/dearest friend/inner circle of friends. This is usually a time
for all-male talk and jokes, with lots of drinking, dancing, fireworks and gaiety. A kind of ‘the last time to let yourself go before you bite the dust’!
It is always a good idea to plan these bachelor parties at least a week before the Big Day. Having a stag party the night
before a wedding just may not work out well for the groom. Better to have a fresh groom, than a hung-over one…or
worse, a damaged one…
If the groom is not the socializing kind, then a small gathering of friends in a pub, or someone’s house, food, a few
rounds of drinks, and music will do the trick.
However, if a ‘do’ is being thought of, then planning and organizing it is important – right down to the last detail, just so that there are no embarrassments for the groom. Consequently drawing up the list of invitees and sending out the invitations is of paramount importance. A few guidelines are:
- Have only close, trusted friends,
- Make it clear that friends of friends are not welcome,
- Don’t invite the groom’s workmates unless you are prepared to invite them all. Uninvited guests from the same workplace might make it embarrassing for the groom at best and messy at worst,
- Close relatives of the bride, or common friends of the groom and bride may be invited.
- A thumb rule is that whatever is planned should be in good taste. Also, it is about the groom, and not a general
bash for everyone.
Sometimes, close friends decide on a surprise party. This can work out well if well-planned. Naturally, the groom
would not know about it till he gets to the venue. In fact, the night of the party, first you could take the groom, or
meet up with the groom in the usual place where you all hang out, and then from there take him to the planned
About SIGARAM MANAGEMENT SERVICING
We are complete Wedding Event Planners and Stage Decorators in Pondicherry, Chennai, Coimbatore, Neyveli, Chidambaram, Cuddalore, Marakkanam. Our team can help you plan each stage and give you guidance to make that special day even more magnificent. We would always look forward to join you, work hand-in-hand with you to make your wedding / reception / birthday / functions or events more elegant, beautiful, tension free and above all memorable.