Sangeet in Sanskrit, which means as sung together takes place two or three days before the wedding, and is typically a Punjabi (Indian/Pakistani) ceremony. In olden day Sangeet was ment only for women, but now a days many couples are deciding to have a Sangeet that includes both women and men.
Usually all of the guests who are attending the wedding are invited to the Sangeet. Because of the large amount of guests attending a Sangeet it is usually held in a ballroom of a hotel.
In a Sangeet Party The girl’s family play the dholki (an elongated tabla) sing songs in which they tease the boy and his family. Nowadays people hire DJs and have a dance party followed by dinner. Ladies sangeet-is held for the bride and her bridesmaids.
These days sangeet nights are big functions in themselves. Our Sigaram Team can throw a sangeet in a different and equally entertaining way:
- Decorating the venue colorfully
- Making it a Karaoke night!
- Pick out a theme that speaks to you
- Presenting a Montage night with speeches of your memories
- Making it like a grand scale awards night!
- Performing flash mob to pep everyone up
- Adding a twist to the drinks by serving innovative and funky drinks
- Let everyone sign a scrapbook as they leave!
- Have themed clothing
- Put a very creative and innovative photo booth
Above all a candid photographer around to capture all possible moments for your memories
About SIGARAM MANAGEMENT SERVICING
We are complete Wedding Event Planners and Stage Decorators in Pondicherry, Chennai, Coimbatore, Neyveli, Chidambaram, Cuddalore, Marakkanam. Our team can help you plan each stage and give you guidance to make that special day even more magnificent. We would always look forward to join you, work hand-in-hand with you to make your wedding / reception / birthday / functions or events more elegant, beautiful, tension free and above all memorable.